Scenic art & breakdown techniques

Scenic art portfolio


Production of The Nutcracker for the Royal Birmingham Ballet, made at Bay Productions, Cardiff 


I made 3 of the swags seen on this set


I was heavily involved in making the giant xmas tree flats seen here


I did some of the painting and silver foiling on these columns, above & below



These are my first attempts at some scenic art & fabric breakdown techniques:


I helped a scenic art colleague complete a mural she designed, the other day, at Spot Boulder Centre in Treforest. This was my practice run in a sketchbook. Below are pictures of the actual mural.


I did the bottom left corner in this picture.


I did most of the far right side of the mural in this photo. 


Gradient


Scrumble


Old cracked paint effect, stage 1


Old cracked paint effect 2


         Straight dry brush                 Wonky dry brush effect
- used to great a worn out wood effect on planks of wood


How the rag should look for rag stipple


                        Rag stipple                      Rag roll - creates a sandstone effect


Sponge stipple


Rust effect using acrylic paint


Start of fabric breakdown, having cut & frayed edges using wire brush & sandpaper


Finished broken down fabric, using acrylic paint & a lighter


Cloth before breaking down              Cloth after breaking down







Comments